Some key findings from Rover.com’s pet travel study include:
- 75 percent of people are planning to travel this summer
- Over 80 percent of dog owners worry about how their dog is cared for when they are on vacation
- 60 percent of people travel on a commercial airline one to two times a year
- 70 percent of people would travel more often if they had a trusted source of dog care
- Almost 15 percent of people are not satisfied with their current dog boarding arrangement
“As much as dog owners would like to, sometimes it’s simply not practical, nor cost effective, to travel with our dogs,” said Rover.com CEO Aaron Easterly. “We created Rover.com to provide dog owners with an alternative boarding solution for their dogs. Dog owners who come to our website can easily find pre-screened, trusted dog sitters close to home, thus allowing them to enjoy their vacation with the knowledge that their dog is in qualified and caring hands.”
Rover.com is a trusted online community that connects dog owners with local dog sitters. Rover.com was created because dog owners need sitters who are as reliable and loving as family. The company has thousands of qualified, insured sitters nationwide who love dogs and are eager to add the personal touch that each dog is accustomed to at home. Rover.com maintains the mission of creating a safe, loving home for dogs even when owners are away by offering an alternative to traditional caged boarding facilities, or family, friends and neighbors who are often asked to sit in a pinch.