Tourists and their pets are flocking to Portland and with good reason. The city of Portland has been the recipient of plenty of props and praise in recent years:
- “greenest city in America” by Popular Science magazine
- “best city for happy hour in the U.S.” by CNBC
- “world’s best street food” by CNN Travel
- “delicious destination of the year” by the Food Network
The area’s temperate climate provides the perfect setting for festivals and contests throughout the year–to include the annual “Portland’s Next Top Dog Model” contest hosted by the Hotel Monaco Portland.
Conveniently located downtown near many of the city’s attractions, the stylish Hotel Monaco Portland is a pet-friendly hotel paragon. “Four-legged, furred, and feathered guests” are welcome without an additional pet fee or deposit. Pets can expect to receive the following amenities without additional fees:
- A personal welcome on the Pet Welcome Board
- Food and water bowls and a dog bed placed in your room for use during your stay
- Bottle of spring water and treats
- Eco-friendly Dispoz-A-Scoop cleanup bags
Pets and their pet owners will also enjoy the following amenities as part of the hotel’s Portland Unleashed Package:
- A $20 gift certificate for LexiDog pet boutique
- Trail mix kit (for humans and pets alike)
- Oregon micro-brew for you (and doggie beer for your pooch)
- Urban map of pet-friendly breweries and restaurants in the Portland area
Pet services that may be arranged through Hotel Monaco’s concierge (fees apply) include:
- Pet-sitting and grooming services
- Walking services by The Tails of Two Cities
- Pet massage by Kathleen McGuire of Posh Pooch Massage
- Session with pet psychic Bridget Pilloud of Pets Are Talking
Portland is a pet-friendly city so Timmy, a yellow Labrador who is the hotel’s Director of Pet Relations, makes things easier for pet guests and their owners by providing Top 10 Tips and lists his Top 10 Pet-friendly Picks in Portland.
Hotel Monaco Portland features:
- Personalized room preferences and welcome amenities for Kimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty members
- Wired and wireless high-speed Internet access, complimentary to Kimpton InTouch Guest Loyalty members
- Hosted wine reception in our lobby from 5 until 6 p.m.
- Complimentary morning coffee and tea service, with organic coffee, daily in the hotel lobby
- Complimentary morning newspapers (upon request)
- Acclaimed salon and spa services at Dosha, adjacent to our hotel lobby
- In-room spa program and 24 hour yoga channel
- Complimentary onsite fitness center, open to guests 24/7
- Complimentary bicycles available for exploring the city in true Portland style
- Onsite Red Star Tavern & Roast House
- 24-hour in-room dining from Red Star Tavern
- Companion goldfish delivered to your room for the duration of your stay upon request
- Pet-friendly hotel (pets stay free)
- An entire floor devoted to hypoallergenic guestrooms and suites, with gluten-free honor bar selections
- ADA accessible rooms available upon request
- On-site 24-hour business center with printer and copier
- Complimentary overnight shoeshine
- Same-day laundry and dry cleaning service
- Expert concierge services to help you arrange your Pacific Northwest stay
- Curator on Call services, offering private tours of local museums and galleries
- Eco-friendly services and amenities
- Valet parking, $35/night with full in-and-out privileges (subject to change); 50% discount for hybrid vehicles
- Express check-in and check-out
- Over 8,000 square feet of private function space
- Accessible Features
Hotel Monaco Portland is a Kimpton Hotel.Hotel Monaco Portland 506 S.W. Washington Street , Portland, OR 97204, U.S.A. Online pet reservations at http://www.monaco-portland.com/pet-registration.html Reservations: (888) 207-2201 Hotel: (503) 222-0001 http://www.monaco-portland.com/
Photos are courtesy of Hotel Monaco Portland.
The Safety Blog column
A Crash Test Vacation with Max & Dukeby Debbie Glovatsky, GLOGIRLY.com
MAX: *whispers* Psssst…Hey Duke! Where are we??? Are we – is this….HEAVEN???
DUKE: Heaven!? What are you, CRAZY? This is Minneapolis.
MAX: WHOA! The last thing I remember, we were crashing into a cement wall. It was AWESOME!
DUKE: Max, you seriously need to take a break. You’re turning into a regular crash test dummy.Read More