MARYLAND: The Love BallWhere: Rockville, Md. (Washington DC-Rockville Hilton) Date: Saturday, November 3 Benefitting: Montgomery County Humane Society Information: For more information visit the Montgomery County Humane Society event page. Can’t make the event? Make a donation to support the Montgomery County Humane Society.
Image courtesy of the Montgomery County Humane Society
This exciting event will kick off with a cocktail reception and silent auction filled with must-have items including gift certificates to popular local restaurants, salon services, exciting getaways, and more. While you and your pup sip your cocktails (yes, there’s a doggie bar!), you can pose for photos taken by the event photographer or visit the caricature artist who will be sketching portraits of you and your pet.
Cocktail hour will be followed by a delicious three-course dinner, a thrilling live auction, and a chance to shimmy and shake on the dance floor.
CALIFORNIA: Party on the PierWhere: Santa Monica, Calif. (Pacific Park on the Santa Monica Pier) Date: Thursday, November 15 Benefitting: Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Los Angeles (SPCALA) Information: For more information visit the SPCALA event page. Can’t make the event? Make a donation to support SPCALA.
- Hob-knob with celebrities & the Los Angeles elite
- Walk the red carpet
- Gourmet vegetarian appetizers & sweet treats, sponsored by Petco Foundation
- Open bar, featuring Cru Vin Dogs wine
- Goodie Bag
- Event T-Shirt
- Unlimited rides on Pacific Park attractions, like the West Coaster, presented by Toyota and Toyota Financial Services, and the world-famous Pacific Wheel
- $6 in credits for Midway Games
General Admission Tickets
- Light vegetarian meal with soft drink
- Your choice of a glass of beer or wine
- Unlimited rides on Pacific Park Attractions
- $6 in credits for Midway Games
Where: Westport, Conn. (The Inn at Longshore)
Date: Friday, November 16
Benefitting: Connecticut Humane Society
Information: For more information visit the Connecticut Humane Society event page.
Can’t make the event? Make a donation to support the Connecticut Humane Society.
CONNECTICUT: FALL GALA with presentation of Humanitarian Award to Mary Tyler Moore
This travel themed black tie optional event will feature performances from Broadway stars, exciting silent and live auctions, a reception, dinner, and the presentation of the first Gertrude O. Lewis Humanitarian Award to Mary Tyler Moore.
Mary Tyler Moore, a Greenwich, Conn. resident and renowned actress, founded Broadway Barks fourteen years ago with Broadway legend, Bernadette Peters. Every year, this star-studded annual pet adoption event finds homes for hundreds of companion animals from New York area shelters.
Gertrude O. Lewis founded the Connecticut Humane Society as a Hartford High School Senior in 1881. Our Humanitarian Award in her name will be presented annually to individuals and organizations making a difference in the lives of homeless pets or in the field of animal welfare.
Performing at the Gala will be Kristin Huffman, Artistic Director of New Paradigm Theatre, and fellow Broadway performers. Kristin appeared in the Tony award winning and Grammy nominated revival of Stephen Sondheim’s “Company,” in which she played a leading role (Sarah) as well as flute, sax and piccolo.
There are great live and silent auction items up for bid including:
• Accomodations and Tickets for Two to the NCAA’s Final Four—April 2013 in Atlanta
• Accomodations, Tickets, VIP Parties and Priority Access for Two to the Nantucket Film Festival - June 2013 on Nantucket!
• Accommodations, Grand Tastings, and Wine Seminars for Two to the Boston Wine Expo - February 2013 in Boston
All funds raised through this event support the Connecticut Humane Society’s lifesaving programs and services for homeless pets.