The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel, a pet-friendly luxury hotel and resort located on a peaceful 150-foot bluff that is halfway between the sunny cities of Los Angeles and San Diego, makes it easy for you to stare the regular suspects on your list of New Year’s resolutions square in the eye.
Yes, you can:
- spend more one-on-one time with your loved ones to include your pets,
- make healthier choices,
- work on becoming more fit, and
- take time out for a bit of indulgent pampering!
Property features and amenities:
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa featuring 12 luxurious treatment rooms
- The Ritz-Carlton Salon
- Breathtaking Ocean-front Fitness Center, complete with a full array of fitness machines and equipment
- Wellness classes, including yoga and pilates, offered in the Ocean Front Gazebo
- Two tennis courts with tennis professional, ball machine and racquets available
- Two outdoor swimming pools and two outdoor whirlpools
- Luxurious lawn areas featuring Adirondack chairs overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- Business centers services
Guest room features and amenities:
- Breathtaking ocean views off of private patios or balconies from most rooms
- Plush, goose-down comforters and pillows, sumptuous feather beds and luxurious 400-count Egyptian cotton sheets
- 42-inch flat-screen plasma televisions
- DVD players in all guestrooms
- Wireless and hard-wired internet access
- In-room laptop-sized safe with electrical outlet for recharging
- Full marble bathrooms with double sinks in most rooms
- Individual heating and air-conditioning controls
At the resort, a Posh Pooch enjoys:
- Plush doggie bed
- Chew toy
- A hand-painted bowl
- Doggie menu
- Vista View dog walking trail map
- Dog waste bags
- Club Yappy card, a loyalty card entitling guests (human guests) to 15 percent savings in the spa, retail shop, Jean-Michel Cousteau’s Ambassadors of the Environment program, and all food and beverage outlets.
The Doggie Menu features:
- Bow Wow Tenderloin, a hearty meal of beef with eggs and brown rice
- Dog Bone Meatloaf, ground sirloin sautéed with veggies and baked
- Puppy Love, ground chicken breast with brown rice mixed with yogurt
- Chop! Chop! Fried Rice, brown rice, steamed peas and carrots mixed with eggs
- Kitty’s Salmon Supreme, fresh filet of grilled salmon
- All pet meals are served with Fiji Spring Water
Dogs and cats are welcome at The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel. There is a $150 one-time, non-refundable pet cleaning fee per stay, as well as a $50 per night boarding fee. Additional rules may apply.The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel One Ritz-Carlton Drive, Dana Point, CA 92629, U.S.A. (949) 240-2000 http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/LagunaNiguel/
Photos courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel.
The Safety Blog column
A Crash Test Vacation with Max & Dukeby Debbie Glovatsky, GLOGIRLY.com
MAX: *whispers* Psssst…Hey Duke! Where are we??? Are we – is this….HEAVEN???
DUKE: Heaven!? What are you, CRAZY? This is Minneapolis.
MAX: WHOA! The last thing I remember, we were crashing into a cement wall. It was AWESOME!
DUKE: Max, you seriously need to take a break. You’re turning into a regular crash test dummy.Read More